Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1997)

From: "Alan Czarnek" <alancz @ ix . netcom . com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:00:06 -0600
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

>The other issue is the redistribution of 'original' material written for
>your list.  In this case, the poster is the copyright holder, and assuming
>your terms of service discusses the possibility of redistribution (which is
>sort of the whole POINT to a mailing list, usenet group, or chat room,
>isn't it?
--------------

Well not always.  It depends on the purpose of the list.  I am associated
with two private, 'by invitation only' lists.

Our policy is that the copyright belongs to the original author of the post.
Messages are *not* to be distributed outside of the list without the
expressed consent of the copright holder (author.)

Reuse or redistribution of posts from the list (without getting permission
from the author) is grounds for unsubscription.

Notice that we, as operators of the listserv,
also do not claim to have any copyright on the material..... the rights
belong exclusively to the original author.

Sooooo... the policy may vary depending on whether the list is
intended to be public or private
Alan Cz

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: mailing list instructions (copyright)