Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1997)

Subject: List Manager vs Forum Host
From: spencer @ datamerge . com (Spencer Kluesner)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:05:15 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Help!

I need to find a service to host my email discussion
list and haven't had any luck. The service needs to
have it's own server, be able to process posts quickly,
and have good list management and list moderator
software interface.

I want to use an outside service/server because our NT
server was unable to process the mail, even though the
list only got a total of  5 - 15  posts a day which had
to be distributed to our 17,000 subscribers. One post
could lock up the server for hours.

Most of the services I've found are really just
supplumental to a web hosting service. Most had little
knowledge about histing an email discussion list.
Others specialized in bulk email list hosting where the
mail mostly goes one way. They could get the email out
fast, but did not provide list management functions
like removal of bad email addresses which bounced, and
moderation of posts.

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Spencer
spencer@datamerge.com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: mailing list instructions (copyright)