Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1997)

From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 21:25:57 -0800
To: Mark Rauterkus <mrauterkus @ sportsurf . net>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <199712150033.RAA11253@sportsurf.net>, you wrote:

>Hi Ron and others,

>... snip....
>>However if anyone is interested in seeing how far my interest can be piqued
>>in this facinating legal question, just try quoting me out of context or
>>twisting my words to make it appear that I have said something that I never
>>intended.  Under those circumstances, I may one day decide to suggest to
>>the person doing the mis-quoting of me that what they have done may perhaps
>>be actionable under the copyright laws.
>
>As for the miss-quotes -- why do you not use a PGP public-key to sign
>your messages? Do you think that would help you be able to guard your
>words to a much higher degree?

No.  PGP will not stop people from ripping out little snippets and sub-
segments of what I have written (just as you have done on this occasion).

In essentially all cases to date, I do not mind when people do that.  It
is only on those very rare occasions when someone uses clever editing to
make it appear that I have said something that I didn't say that I might
get annoyed.

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- Wpoison (web harvester poisoning) - demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/wpoison/