Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1997)

Subject: Re: policy issue on Bcc: of list..
From: "Roger Fajman" <RAF @ CU . NIH . GOV>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:01:12 EST
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> It's munging the headers already given. Mailing list managers like
> LISTSERV (I believe; the one BUGTRAQ runs on) simply discards all of the
> To: and Cc: fields and adds a To: LISTNAME@LISTHOST.TLD field. It also
> keeps copies of the original To: and Cc: fields in X-To: and X-Cc:, I
> believe.

True, unless you use the IETFhdr option in LISTSERV.  Then it leaves
the To and cc headers alone.  I'm not sure what it does with bcc.
Probably leaves it alone too.

As for the issue of what to do when a list is bcc'ed, why not add a bcc
header with the list address (assuming one is not already there)?

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: mailing list instructions