From: claire @ siberia . demon . co . uk (Claire McNab)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:48:33 +0100 (BST)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On  1 Apr 98 at 21:28, Woodrick, Ed wrote:

> Why do yall go through so much trouble to not utilize existing
> Internet messaging standards? The overhead of an HTML message is
> pretty small. I wouldn't be surprised if it was near the overhead
> of a UUENCODE!

are things different is the USA, or did no-one notice the date of
Ed's msg that started this thread?

I think you've all been the victims of an April Fool's joke :)

Claire
(who likes to be able to configure how text appears in her
mailer, not have someone else decide the settings for me and
gobble my bandwidth and disk space...)