Subject: Domain Name Administrator, What protection if any?
From: "Dennis N. Aruta" <denic @ liii . com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:23:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: list-managers-digest @ GreatCircle . COM

Since 1994 I have operated and owned mailing-lists.  Changing
providers is very troublesome, and I am now using my 3rd provider.

My previous provider suggested I get a domain name, via internic,
with set-up and annual fees, I did. was created.

My mailing list provider took the fees, then gave 30 days notice
that his mailing-list provider is ceasing operation after about
one year of operating.  Any message now sent to,
and all the established addresses are fatal errored,
with no responsibility taken from the dumpee!  At least shouldn't
arrangements have been made to forward e-mail??

What does a list owner do in this situation?

Dennis Aruta, Owner ShipFix (c) 1997 & International Commerce List IC-L
(c) 1994,

Mailing address:
Denar Chartering Inc.(since 1971)   Phone: 516-326-2300
P.O. Box 1147, Denar House            Fax: call
New Hyde Park N.Y. 11040              Tlx: 4971419
U.S.A.                              email:

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Prevalence of mailing-list bombing