Subject: Domain Name Administrator, What protection if any?
From: "Dennis N. Aruta" <denic @ liii . com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:23:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: list-managers-digest @ GreatCircle . COM

Since 1994 I have operated and owned mailing-lists.  Changing
providers is very troublesome, and I am now using my 3rd provider.

My previous provider suggested I get a domain name, via internic,
with set-up and annual fees, I did.   Denar.com was created.

My mailing list provider took the fees, then gave 30 days notice
that his mailing-list provider is ceasing operation after about
one year of operating.  Any message now sent to denar@denar.com,
and all the established addresses @denar.com are fatal errored,
with no responsibility taken from the dumpee!  At least shouldn't
arrangements have been made to forward denar.com e-mail??

What does a list owner do in this situation?

Dennis Aruta, Owner ShipFix (c) 1997 & International Commerce List IC-L
(c) 1994,

  http://members.aol.com./denicny/trade.html

Mailing address:
Denar Chartering Inc.(since 1971)   Phone: 516-326-2300
P.O. Box 1147, Denar House            Fax: call
New Hyde Park N.Y. 11040              Tlx: 4971419
U.S.A.                              email: Denic@liii.com
                                           DenicNY@aol.com

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Prevalence of mailing-list bombing