From: <Jenifer @ DivineWebDesign . com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 98 15:23:09 -0700
To: "List Managers" <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

You guys crack me up!

I have been on this list for awhile, mostly DELETING, but sometimes
reading, and I can't help but chuckle every time I decide to read one!

I picture grown men (sometimes women) using there years of education
(possibly College Degrees) and even more years of experience to
meticulously word their "playground squabbles".

You have to look at it from my point of view, I am a 23 y.o. mother of 3,
trying to learn something from you educated, more experienced "List
Masters" because having 3 children ages 4 and under does not allow me a
lot of time to go to college, etc.  And I feel like I've walked into the
middle of a "Well Educated" Soap Opera.  Who needs Daytime TV, just join
a listserv!

I am basically a self taught Web Designer, who is trying to further my
education, but if I want to interject I have to be very careful with my
wording in fear of getting flamed.  And have to sift through the
bickering to try to weed out the good and helpful information.

There are mature and friendly ways to speak to people.  In order to be
spoken to with respect, you have to speak with respect to whomever you're
speaking to.  We are all adults here, I'm sure if we were all sitting
around a conference table exchanging experiences and ideas, you would all
be a little more civil to one another, wouldn't you??

Maybe, I'm wrong, but in my opinion, there is no such thing as everyone
agreeing, or everyone having the same ideas and opinions.  At some point
you have to realize that it's OK for others to have different opinions.

I have to deal with my 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 y.o. boys bickering all day.  When
I get online I don't want to have to read it from grown men.  If you feel
overwhelmed with the desire to flame someone, E-MAIL THEM DIRECTLY.  It
has nothing to do with the rest of us and it certainly isn't helping the
rest of us who need help and are deleting possibly good information
because we're tired of the childish bickering.

I suppose I'll get flamed for this, but at least I finally said what was
on my mind!

Jenifer

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Prevalence of mailing-list bombing