From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:41:39 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> > True... but many of the most valuable lists on the internet are
> > run by people who are not knowledgeable about the technical
> > aspects of proper mailing-list set-up.
>
> Name three.

I would say that MOST list-admins are not particularly knowledgeable
about the technical aspects mailing-list set-up.  I hope that most
site mangers and others who run their own server are a little better.
Then again, there are a bunch of clue-free listowner/server-operators
running lists through dialup connects on small desktop platforms.  I
suspect that you have grossly overestimated the technical competency
of the average listowner.

- murr -