From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 16:45:31 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <19980430171250.B2307@swcp.com>, Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@swcp.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 30, 1998 at 06:26:41PM -0400, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
>
>> The problem is that many of these newbie list managers don't recognize
>> their own incompetence and stubbornly insist on inflicting it on themselves,
>> their subscribers, and (and here is the key) *the rest of us*.
>
>I think a big percentage of the responsibility for this lies in the laps of
>the mailing list *site* admins...

Yes.  Definitely.

I've had plenty of conversations now with lots of site admins at various
.edu sites (and also at a .com site or two) who have been made to feel that
(for political reasons) they have to allow some real boneheads to setup,
configure, and run their own lists any bloody way they want _and_ with little
or no specific guidance.

It is a sad state of affairs.

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/