From: "Pete St. Onge" <pete_st_onge @ iname . com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 21:09:56 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

This thread has developed quite a bit of interesting, not to
mention controversial, bandwidth. I think it's safe to say that there
are folks on both sides of the question of whether most list managers
are sufficiently knowledgeable about their tasks.
     That said, what resources are there for list admins (irrespective
of their experience level)? Does anyone have a particularly good
reference book (there was the mention of the O'Reilly book previously),
FAQ's or URLs?
     Perhaps within the expertise of this list, we could put together a
general overview of list operations, perhaps even with specific examples
for the various list progs. Some portions could deal with general config
issues, some could deal with bounces, others with trouble. Perhaps most
importantly, how can a list admin spam-proof their lists?

Just an idea.  Cheers,

Pete

--
Pete St. Onge - McGill U.  Limnology - Fun with Ropes & Buckets
pete_st_onge@iname.com         http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4322052