Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1999)

Subject: Re: Yet another virus alert
From: Stan Ryckman <stanr @ sunspot . tiac . net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:02:43 -0500
To: Bob Brown <robert . brown @ pobox . com>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 09:39 AM 1/22/99 -0800, Bob Brown wrote:
>For some reason, webtv.net has decided that my discussion group is spam and
>refuses all email from my domain --- both majordomo and my own personal
>emails. In fact, some people from webtv.net have complained that they are
>off the list and want to kow why and I can't even respond to them.
>
>Is the a common practice? How do you deal with this? How can I respond to
>people's requests for info?

Can't answer why they might have blocked your domain--it is their right
to do so, of course, but probably an unwise decision (or buggy spam
domain recognition).

But you might at least be able to reply to any subzcribers who inquire, by
using one of those free web-based accounts (yahoo, juno, hotmail, etc.).
Maybe one of them can then carry the inquiry further within webtv.net (if any
of them are sufficiently savvy).

Also you should write postmaster@webtv.net... and if that bounces, try from
a free account as well.

Cheers,
Stan

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Yet another virus alert