Subject: Re: Topica-Dot-Com Open For Business
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 13:57:43 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 06:16 AM 3/2/99 -0600, Stephanie da Silva wrote:
>Rich Kulawiec:
>
>> > Define "bulk"
>>
>> Hmmm, I would have thought it self-evident, but let's try "not sent
>> individually by one human being to another".
>>
>> > So, are Stephanie's emails requesting information to the appx 1/3 of
>> > list-owners who are on her list unsolicited (i.e. they didn't ask to
>> > be added to PAML), spam?
>>
>> Yes.
>
>I fail your definition, as I send out all my mail individually by
>hand.

Do you compose it for the individual recipient by hand?

This test is clearly failed by topica.  I feel like I'm done with this
discussion, personally.  I am now going to do my normal spam-complaint
routine when I get spammed.  I encourage folks who get spam (by whatever
definition they feel comfortable with) to do likewise.
--
We will fight for bovine freedom, And hold our large heads high.
We will run free, with the buffalo or die! Cows with Guns. - Dana Lyons,