Subject: Re: Putting the listname on the Subject line
From: "Kenneth E. Bannister" <kenbannister @ groundwater . com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:56:57 -0500
To: <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>
Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on pike.sover.net)dowser from arc0a60.burl.sover.net [207.136.201.60] 207.136.201.60Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:47:45 -0500 (EST)

My subscribers prefer a prefix in the subject line to identify the message. The whole list name is
not needed of course, only initials.  I received many requests from subscribers for this feature. If
they want it, why not?

It lets them know that the message is in fact from my list and is not just a personal message from
someone.

It also helps them tell which list the message is from, if they belong to several lists.

Unlike HTML which seems to triple the size of the message, I have yet to experience any real
downside from having a list identifier in the subject heading.

                              Kenneth E. Bannister

President -  BANNISTER RESEARCH & CONSULTING
Internet Publisher  -      GROUNDWATER-DIGEST tm
                                -      WATER SYSTEMS tm
                                -      WELL DRILLING tm
Charter Member   - DIGITAL DOWSERS

         1897 Middle Road,   Bridport, Vermont USA 05734
ken@groundwater.com  http://www.groundwater.com