Subject: Re: Putting the listname on the Subject line
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 23:29:50 -0500
To: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 10:54 AM 3/5/99 -0500, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

>I think this is a pretty straightforward idea: to put it bluntly, if you
>can't handle 100+ messages a day, don't sign up for mailing lists which
>deliver 100+ messages a day.  Or, if you do, then it is up to *you*,
>the end user, to ensure that you have appropriate tools to deal with it.

What is the corollary here?  It is up to the list manager to provide the
user no help, since it should be as hard as possible for them to be on our
lists?  After all, being on a mailing list *should* be a punishment for
something.
--
I'm going to change my name to 'Squawk' because that is what my parrots
call me.