Subject: Re: no universal system, no 'get a real client
From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 18:58:52 -0500 (EST)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Karen Lopez, I.S.P. wrote:

> I would hope that your statement has an implied "for my lists". ...

We could save a lot of ink if everyone on this list would assume an
implied "for my lists" whenever someone states a preference or
opinion.  Then again, we wouldn't have much to discuss.  The most
interesting aspect of this list is learning hows and whys of other
mailing lists.  Otherwise, we would never learn anything new.

Personally, I don't go to extraordinary lengths to deliver email.  At
any given moment, a small percentage of the mailboxes on the net can
not be reached for one reason or another.  You can not force someone
to accept email.  If someone has a problem and asks for help, I'll try
to accommodate them.  As a rule, I'm not going to bend over backwards
for a subscriber who has quirky requirements for in-bound mail.

- murr -