Subject: list attacks
From: Benji Spencer <spunge @ spunge . org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:21:25 -0600
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Hello

one of the sites that I run majordomo (1.94.3 on one, and 1.94.4 on the
other) seems to be egtting hit his mass-subscribes. No, not the type where
a lot of people are subscribed, but rather where 1 person attempts to join
all the lists at a site.

the site in question is running 1.94.3. The person seems to be joining all
the lists both private and public. Is it version 1.94.3 that allows for the
following command?

subscribe *

these attepmts have come in the last 2-3 days, but have happened 4-5 times
now (lost count)

(yes, I plan on upgrading Majordomo at that site was soon as I get a chance)

benji

spunge@spunge.org	http://www.spunge.org
spunge@ripco.com	http://www.ripco.com/~spunge
ben@anduin.eldar.org	http://www.eldar.org/~ben
 ** Finger ben@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key **

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Sender: header