Subject: Re: InterNIC is History
From: Vince Sabio <vince @ humournet . com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:25:35 -0500
To: Mitch Collinsworth <mkc @ Graphics . Cornell . EDU>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

** Sometime around 10:51 -0500 03/24/99, Mitch Collinsworth sent everyone:

>>Anyway, I really miss the ability to access the root server database
>>via telnet ... has anyone found an alternate means of doing this?
>>There are plenty of web interfaces, but I just have this thing for
>>CLIs.
>
>I might be missing something but what could you do with the telnet
>interface that you can't do with dig or nslookup?  (both CLI)

Not much -- in fact, not AS much. But if all I want to do is look up
root server records, the telnet interface has always been my preferred
source. Just a matter of preference.

Vince Sabio            Boy & His Sabre: <http://www.insane.net/tsc/Vince/>
vince@humournet.com            Stop Internet Spam! <http://www.cauce.org/>