Subject: Re: InterNIC is History
From: Vince Sabio <vince @ humournet . com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:21:38 -0500
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

** Sometime around 18:53 -0500 03/24/99, Dr. Rob Higgins sent everyone:

Well, let's see what he said:

>.... The whois telnet server at rs.internic.net is
>history, though distributed whois is still available.

Yup, I'd say your guess was dead on target, Rob. ;-)

>Apparently this telnet access is being
>discontinued (probably a good idea for security reasons).

They obviously need better security then.      *grumble*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^        ^^^^^^^
This is not intended to be entirely serious    this part *is*
                                               intended to be
                                               serious
NOTE:
These flashcards for the humour impaired have been included as
a public service at no charge to you, the recipient. They are
compatible with all the popular MUAs, and can be purchased from
your local computer store or catalog retailer. Void where
prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age.

;-)

Vince Sabio            Boy & His Sabre: <http://www.insane.net/tsc/Vince/>
vince@humournet.com            Stop Internet Spam! <http://www.cauce.org/>