Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(May 1999)

Subject: Re: egroups mail problem - no Date field
From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 11:36:54 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <Pine.BSI.3.91.990505110946.29055G-100000@ivan.iecc.com>,
John R Levine <johnl@iecc.com> wrote:

>> I can't tell from RFC822 if Date is a required field or not
>> 'cause all that meta notation makes my eyes glaze over.
>
>According to RFC822, the date header is required, but I've never seen an
>MTA that would reject a message for lacking a date.

There are some.  Sorry, I can't give you any names, but I know that there
are some.

The IMRSS test messages had to be modified to include a Date: header on
account of this.

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- FREE Web Harvester Protection - http://www.e-scrub.com/wpoison/ - Try it!
-- FREE DynamicIP Spam Filtering - http://www.imrss.org/dssl/ - TELL YOUR ISP!

From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request@fsm-1.pica.army.mil>
Next: Re: egroups mail problem - no Date field