From: arielle @ taronga . com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 15:07:05 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Was just now preusing eGroups to see what they've done since their
site redesign and discovered they have a lot of non-eGroups lists
in there now.  Looks like they've picked up mailing list archives from
other sources as I found a message I posted to list-managers dated
1993.  It appears they merged with an entity that has been archivng
lists for several years, although if eGroups made an announcement
regarding this, I obviously missed it.

Each non-eGroups list -- that I've looked at so far, just a couple --
have a "Join this eGroup" button, so it looks like they have set up a
third-party subscribe interface.  At least I think they have, I'm not
sure if that means "read this on their web interface" or "get it in
email", I'm going to test subscribe to something to find out.  It
sounds a bit odd to my ear to hear them referring to lists like
list-managers as an eGroup.

Ohwell, off to see if there's a mechanism that'll let me remove my
messages out of their database.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: per-user subject tag option (was Subject Prefix)