Subject: Lists and Contact Database Integration
From: "Steven Clift" <slc @ publicus . net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:46:31 -0500
To: e-conf @ chatsubo . com, list-moderators @ list-moderators . com, list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Posted-date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:47:24 -0500 (CDT)

Can anyone recommend experts on the integration of contact
databases with e-mail lists?  I am specifically interested in how to
allow users to opt-into specific information announcement services
as well as other interest group discussions based on information
they provide via a web enabled contact database.

I am helping network the "democracy online" community (in
particular those producing 2000 election information, online events,
and interaction in the United States).  I like to have the ability to
allow someone in our contact database to manage the handful of
one-way list options we might have from a password protected web
page (with web archives of past postings) and opt-into possible
small group (3 to 50? people) discussions based on who they are,
where they are from, or what they are interested in.  I am well
aware of what EGroups and others have produced but this is
something that would be for more or less internal participation in
WWB and need to be under our direct management.

This is being built from scratch so suggestions about the best web-
enabled database system, list software, hardware, software
platform, and hosting are welcome.

Thanks,
Steven Clift
clift@publicus.net
Consultant to the Markle Foundation for Web White and Blue
http://www.webwhiteblue.org

   Steven Clift - E: clift@publicus.net - ICQ: 13789183
     3424 Fremont Avenue S, Minneapolis, MN 55408 USA
      T:+1.612.822.8667   W: http://www.publicus.net
        Web White & Blue - http://webwhiteblue.org

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: eGroups.com: You have been added to the list-managers eGroup.