Subject: Re: eGroups.com: You have been added to the list-managers eGroup.
From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 00:35:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: Stephanie da Silva <arielle @ Taronga . COM>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Stephanie da Silva wrote:

> As I mentioned before, I tried subscr|bing to the
> list-managers list at eGroups and got this welcome message.
> As you can see, it's marked as being at eGroups but it is
> without a doubt the list-managers@greatcircle.com list.

How were you able to determine that the eGroups "list-managers'
is the same as the GreatCircle list of the same name?

> Did I miss something where eGroups made a pact with thousands
> of existing lists or are they hijacking lists?

If they are claiming ownership of lists that are owned and
operated by others and they don't have permission, they must be
actively seeking a wide verity fraud problems, both civil and
criminal...  I would hope that they aren't that bold and that
dumb.

- murr -