Subject: Re: eGroups.com: You have been added to the list-managers
From: John R Levine <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 18:42:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: Tim Pierce <twp @ rootsweb . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> They're not merely archiving third-party lists -- they're completely
> rebranding them.  The list-managers welcome message you received
> describes the list as the "list-managers eGroup" and tells you to post
> to the list by sending mail to "list-managers@egroups.com".  There is
> no indication that eGroups is not really the generous benefactor for
> the list-managers mailing list.

Yuck.  I presume that they subscribe the suckers to the real list, since most
lists bounce non-member messages.  I wonder if they try to intercept the real
welcome message from the real list.

They front-end one of the lists that I host here.  I need to do some
experiments.  Heh, heh.

Regards,
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47