Subject: Re: Commercial MajorDomo Servers
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:01:46 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 29 Jul 99, at 0:15, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer wrote:

> >       I have been looking around the net for a place to host my majordomo
> >mailing list...

One warning about world: while the opertion is very shaped up, and so you
should have no problems running your list there, they have a rather
strange and intrusive [and counter-to-the-RFCs] policy about spam
blocking that can *prevent* folk from posting to your list.  They'll get
back a mysterious "550 Wrong!" error in the nastygram with no

As a footnote, same is true if you have an account on world: you'll find
that some legitimate correspondents *cannot* send you email because it
gets spam-blocked [e.g., for a while, both AOL and Hotmail were on their
hitlist and I had one correspondent who could only email me because he
knew a non-world email address for me] ... even as recently as last week
I was chatting with a friend whose account is still on world [I moved my
list when I learned about this!!] who *still* has trouble with some
correspondents being able to get mail through to him.

Caveat world-user.

Bernie Cosell                     Fantasy Farm Fibers     Pearisburg, VA

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: List-Managers-Digest V8 #149