Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Re: Local alias problem
From: Jeremy Blackman <loki @ maison-otaku . net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:55:14 -0700 (PDT)
To: Cyndi Norman <cnorman @ best . com>
Cc: michael . brach @ ruhr-uni-bochum . de, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Cyndi Norman wrote:

> Listserv has this option too; it's called NO MAIL.  They can subscribe and
> then set it to NO MAIL so they are in the subscription database but won't
> recieve posts there.  I'm sure Majordomo has a similar option.

Listproc, the clone-implementation of Listserv, also has the NOMAIL flag.

Listar has this functionality as well, as does Mailman (and I think
Sympa and Lyris do as well).

In fact, Majordomo is - as far as I know - the only package that does NOT
provide for this functionality in some way, though I know a few people who
have patched their own copies to give it this functionality.  (Usually
requiring admin intervention, unfortunately.)

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Local alias problem