Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1999)

Subject: Re: Juno bounces (was Re: AOL Situation Resolved)
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:35:10 -0800
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 12:58 PM 11/18/99 -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>juno is beyond clueless. I simply tell any juno users to get a real
>e-mail address. If they want to try to use juno, they're on their own.

Yeah, but it's free and some people feel that's important.
These days I send people to netzero.com, who have free email
but ALSO have free web/telnet/ftp access (and more obnoxious
advertisement boxes). Both have dial-up access, in contrast
to the yahoo/hotmail variety.

Everything comes with a price. Juno replaces email attachments
with an ad for their not-so-free service. Netzero has a stay-on-top
box that blares images at you while you're connected.