Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1999)

Subject: Re: Stupid low tech idea
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:41:50 -0800
To: Istvan Berkeley <istvan @ usl . edu>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 12:07 AM 11/19/99 -0600, Istvan Berkeley wrote:
>simply, spam is technically illegal. My policy is to be VERY aggressive
>about spam (1,000 auto-dialled collect calls etc.)

Aren't annoying/harassing phone calls illegal also?
And since they (apparently) pay for the phone calls, they CAN
prove monetary damages and sue you.

No, the high road is best. When johnny hits you, hitting back
will only cause johnny to hit you again, and then the teacher
will send you BOTH to the corner for a time out.

SRE

mailto:eckert@climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.