Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1999)

Subject: Re: AOL dropping mail
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:07:43 -0800
To: "Tom Neff" <tneff @ bigfoot . com>, <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

At 8:48 AM -0500 11/18/99, Tom Neff wrote:
> The number of spams received PER USER
> are no higher than any other ISP or service, big or small.

that's probably not true, but beyond that, it's a purely theoretical
argument that I don't think holds water. it's like saying that
there's no real difference to being in a room with one
non-housebroken dog and 20. In theory, you're right. In practice, you
can bet there is.

I find it fascinating to watch people tell other folks how easy it is
to do their job right, myself. I wonder how many people on this list
could begin to architect AOL's system, much less build one that
didn't implode in the first three minutes.

Dogs see you as family
Cats see you as staff