Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1999)

From: Carrie Lybecker <carriejl @ home . com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:33:36 -0800
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 05:39 AM 11/23/99 +0100, you wrote:
>But, much worse, Onelist.com doesn't seem to care at all.

No, they don't.

>  I've
>written several complaints (they are appended below), and I get
>absolutely no response at all,

No, they don't respond to complaints. Should you persist via phone, you
will find that they still don't care (the person I have spoken with on
several occasions was Shana).

>even though this is a blatant
>violation not only of common Internet standards and policies
>against spamming, but of their own stated policies.

Yes, they violate their own written policies while denying that.

>   I can only
>conclude that Onelist.com doesn't care, or perhaps they even
>support this spamming.
>
>If Onelist.com acts against its own stated policies, doesn't that
>mean that they cannot be trusted at all?

Seems reasonable.

>If Onelist.com supports spamming, or doesn't do anything to
>protect its users from spamming, then shouldn't it be added to
>lists over spam sites?

Seems reasonable.

>Shouldn't Onelist.com be blacklisted?

The only thing I have to add to this is that many people don't have a
viable alternative that I am aware of. Please tell me otherwise.

>Have other people here tried Onelist.com, and experienced the
>same?

Answered that I think.

>Thomas Gramstad
>thomasg@ifi.uio.no