Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1999)

From: Carrie Lybecker <carriejl @ home . com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:11:48 -0800
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 08:27 AM 11/25/99 -0800, you wrote:
> > Twice the last month the same individual, genesis triumph
> > <genesis@inet.com.pk>, has added me to his Onelist.com mailing
> > lists, without my consent and knowledge, apparently getting my
> > address from some semi-public list of Onelist.com list owners.
> > (I don't use Onelist.com as a base for my mailing lists; I'm just
> > testing it out with a couple of small lists that I presently have
> > there.)  Now, it's bad enough that this individual continues to do
> > this (though I'll soon find out what his ISP thinks about this).
> >
> > But, much worse, Onelist.com doesn't seem to care at all.
> >

>This is absolutely not true. We have a dedicated customer support group
>that answers all emails sent to us within the day(during business
>days/most weekends). I am not sure why your situation was not rectified
>to your satisfaction; I'm CC'ing Kate Shambarger, our director of
>customer support. Being that it's Thanksgiving, she won't be able to
>look at it today, but it will be rectified before the end of the
>weekend.
>

>Mark
>--
>Mark Fletcher
>ONElist, Inc.
>markf@corp.onelist.com

Dear Mark:

I'm not sure exactly which thing you are saying is untrue.

I have had at least three instances since August in which I wrote to
Onelist with serious questions which were not answered. In one case I
received no reply at all. In another I received a form "thank you for your
question" response but never an answer to the question. In another
instance, after my second email I received a reply from Shana that did not
answer my question. So I called. I was very unhappy with her attitude and
with the fact that my concerns were not resolved. I wrote and asked for the
telephone number of the administrative offices. I was given the number for
support instead. I finally received the correct number via email from
Shana. Lastly, I had a very serious situation with harassment and abuse
that was so poorly handled by Onelist that there is no way I could
recommend Onelist to anyone, and I am looking for another service.

Carrie Lybecker