Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1999)

Subject: Re: Looking for a new list server
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:10:56 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 17 Dec 99, at 8:08, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Becky wrote:
> > we have been handling our own Config files.  We need something with digests
> > and archives as well.  We were paying $5.00 a month for our service with
> > Esosoft but anything reasonable would be considered.  Can any of you recommend
> > a server which you are happy with?  It would be greatly appreciated by many
> > homeless lists.
> try software tool and die (the world) at - they've been around
> forever in Internet time (they were the first vendor to provide public
> access to the Internet) and are very reliable

But be warned: I don't know if they're still doing the same thing, but I
moved my mailing lists OFF of their system when I ran into trouble
because they had some cockamamie "spam block" that had the result that
some AOL folk couldn't send mail to my list [nor send mail to me
directly].  I left them some time ago but I got an email from a friend
still with std as recently as six month ago mentioning that he was still
having trouble receiving email from some of his AOL correspondents...

Bernie Cosell                     Fantasy Farm Fibers     Pearisburg, VA

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Looking for a new list server