Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1999)

Subject: Re: Looking for a new list server
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:10:56 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 17 Dec 99, at 8:08, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Becky wrote:
>
> > we have been handling our own Config files.  We need something with digests
> > and archives as well.  We were paying $5.00 a month for our service with
> > Esosoft but anything reasonable would be considered.  Can any of you recommend
> > a server which you are happy with?  It would be greatly appreciated by many
> > homeless lists.
>
> try software tool and die (the world) at www.std.com - they've been around
> forever in Internet time (they were the first vendor to provide public
> access to the Internet) and are very reliable

But be warned: I don't know if they're still doing the same thing, but I
moved my mailing lists OFF of their system when I ran into trouble
because they had some cockamamie "spam block" that had the result that
some AOL folk couldn't send mail to my list [nor send mail to me
directly].  I left them some time ago but I got an email from a friend
still with std as recently as six month ago mentioning that he was still
having trouble receiving email from some of his AOL correspondents...

  /Bernie\
mailto:bernie@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA