Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1999)

Subject: Re: Looking for a new list server
From: "Becky" <becky @ magor . prestel . co . uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:49:37 -0000
To: "Andrew P. Tasi" <zion @ sihope . com>, "John Stevenson" <johnstev @ comcen . com . au>
Cc: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

Hi Everyone,

I feel so much better here.  I've been studying and I think I found a list
server.  I've taken the plunge and gone with them.  Here is the information I
have.  This may not be perfect for those with a large list but this guy has
offered all of you the same thing he offered me, if you've been shut down by a
server he will host your list for free for the next two weeks and at that time
if you don't choose to stay it will cost you nothing.

The one sticky point is he only excepts Visa, or you can pay by check but you
would have to pay a week before your free two weeks are up, still it seems
fair to me.  They are running Majordomo 1.94.4 you control your own config
file.  Web archives are available but at an extra charge.  When you start a
list you have to join their list-owner support list much like MLA was.  This
guy
was really great on the phone I talked to him for about 20 minutes and I think
I'll really be happy there.  Below is the e-mail he sent me, I had explained
the situation to him.  Look through his web site at:
http://www.halisp.net/halisp/mailprice.html