Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2000)

Subject: Re: can anybody share experiences w/ EZMLM?
From: JT <jtraub @ dragoncat . net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:33:44 -0800 (PST)
To: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman @ civicnet . org>
Cc: Peter Losher <Peter . Losher @ nominum . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> - it looks like Listar still requires some manual playing with the virtual
> user and alias databases (at least with sendmail, exim, and postgres) - is
> that correct?

Yes, but that could be handled by a wrapper script which when invoked
set up the virtual domain files for the MTA, set up the config file
for the virual host for listar, invoked listar -newlist with that correct
virtual host config file, and then put the output of that in the right
form for the MTA aliases file.

> - it looks like Listar will generate all the files needed to work with
> qmail, but requires that some info be manually added to the qmail "global
> alias file" - this is different behavior than ezmlm, which seems to do
> everything automagically - again, is this correct?

I don't know anything personally about qmail, so I will leave that to
someone else to answer.   EZMLM most certainly does some things
automagically, but that's because it's part and parcel with qmail and
unlike listar won't work with anything but (or so I am given
to understand).

--JT

[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]