On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:
> I found out that aol.com is not compatible with status codes as
> defined in RFC 1893. As you can see in the sample bellow, the
> transcript of session indicates a 'User Unkown' whereas "Status"
> field of the delivery-status indicates a Success (2.0.0). This
> completely alter the analysis of error reports !
> Did anyone already observe such problems with other ISPs ?
Yes; welcome to my personal hell. After discovering that /only/ Sendmail
actually implements the RFC1893 spec completely correctly, I gave up and
wrote a temporary method for Listar that just parses certain specific
bounce formats, and then tries to determine the information if it is not a
bounce format it recognizes.
I am currently trying to come up with a much more general way that will
work with the busted MIME information I have seen in several bounce
messages. I would fold that parser into Listar again, but I would also be
happy to work with others to make a bounce parser that is more
general-purpose and could be folded into other packages as well.
Jeremy Blackman - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Lithtech Team, Monolith Productions -- http://www.lith.com
Listar Developer -- http://www.listar.org