Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2000)

Subject: Re: can anybody share experiences w/ EZMLM?
From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman @ civicnet . org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:37:37 -0500 (EST)
To: Dave Sill <de5-list-managers @ sws5 . ctd . ornl . gov>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Dave,

A followup question:

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Dave Sill wrote:
> I recommend installing ezmlm+qmail on your existing list server (just
> don't install qmail-smtpd (on port 25) or qmail's "sendmail"). That'll
> allow you to play with qmail and ezmlm without interfering with your
> majordomo+sendmail setup.
>
> Once you've migrated the lists to ezmlm, you can turn off sendmail and
> install qmail-smtpd.

any thoughts on how to get sendmail/majordomo and qmail/ezmlm to run at
the same time - each serving some lists

as far as I can tell, I can't configure both sendmail and qmail to listen
on port 25 - each listening for different things

so.. it seems like what I'd have to do is have either sendmail or qmail do
the smtp listening, and hand off a range of addresses to the other
program's queue -- any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

The Center for Civic Networking 	    PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President &		    Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program			    617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
mfidelman@civicnet.org	 		    http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"