Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2000)

Subject: Re: MLM, your opinion ?
From: Richard Leyton <richard @ beenz . com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 23:42:41 +0000
To: Jeremy Blackman <loki @ maison-otaku . net>
Cc: Sébastien Fibra <fibra @ gifrance . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Jeremy Blackman wrote:

> Then Sympa is honestly your best bet; at the moment, its localization
> support is unmatched.  I also would discourage you from using Mailman;
> from everything I have seen, Mailman development has died off... perhaps
> unfortunate, since it was nice to see an MLM with the backing of the FSF,
> but...

I beg to differ. The author is looking like he's about to release the first
beta of what might ultimately become 1.2/2.0.

> Mailman also has very little localization support, from my admittedly
> limited experience playing with it.

Agreed, it's a bit of a pain to tweak some aspects, but the subscriber facing
sections/web pages are very customisable, and that's often what it boils down
to.

If all else fails, use the source Luke! But that depends on how keen you are
to roll up your sleeves.

Regards,

Richard.

--