Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2000)

Subject: Re: Oversized emails?
From: "Chrystal M. Cowdrey" <chrystal @ nas . nasa . gov>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:36:13 -0800
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I randomly ended up on a couple of mailing lists that do this.  I have
not attempted to be removed from them.  Mostly from fear of being added
to the ah-ha-this-address-works! list.  I have just added them to my
.procmailrc file and trash the messages before I ever see them.

It's possible that the customers that _do_ care are just too jaded by
this kind of stupidity to even bother anymore.  I'd be willing to bet
that if they bothered to _ask_ people for their preferences when they
harvest their addresses they would find that things are very different
from their assumptions.

I'm just glad I don't have to budget for and administrate the monster
mail system that they must to have to handle this load.  :-)

-chrystal

--
<> Chrystal M. Cowdrey         NAS Desktop Support <>
<> 650/604-4271                  Sterling Software <>