From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 14:02:10 -0500
To: John R Levine <johnl @ iecc . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 10:31:47AM -0500, John R Levine wrote:
> > You wouldn't by chance be repackaging content that I and the
> > participants in the mailing list create as your own, would you?
>
> Gee, what a surprise.

I have the suspicion that there is some bit of well-known knowledge
that I'm missing.  Several neurons in the back of my brain insist
that there was some sort of (recent?) to-do over Remarq inserting
ads into Usenet articles, but those are the same neurons which caused
me to leave off a SCSI terminator this morning, so they obviously
can't be trusted.

> > Q_1003865_waterdog@lists.remarq.com:
>
> That's a real person whose login at remarq is waterdog.

Thanks -- I figured that out after I did a bit more poking around.  I found
other mailing lists that I run there as well, *and* I found out that
Remarq apparently 'rates' them based on who-knows-what criteria, *and*
that some of them are shown as having no content, when in fact they've
got traffic going through them all the time.

I am not a happy camper.  Any insight that you or other people can
provide (or point me to so that I can educate myself) would be most helpful.

---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk@gsp.org