Subject: moderating a list with a cgi form
From: Kirez Korgan <kirez @ wetheliving . com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:52:44 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Greetings,
	I'm hoping to use a form & formmail.pl to moderate one of my lists from a
web site. This will enable me to allow a team of several people to stop at
the web site and moderate the list whenever they have time --- viewing
emails that are in the queue, then copy&pasting them into a form, and
submitting them directly to the list, with the headers appropriately
doctored for a moderated Majordomo 1.94 list.

	I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the form can be manipulated so that
it will submit a clean, properly formatted email. The body of the email
needs to begin with the headers, as follows:

approved: PASSWORD
to: objectivism@wetheliving.com
from: Arthur D'Poste <listmember@email.com>
Subject: I love my email list community

Blah blah blah blah blah.

	...So the challenge is to get the form properly formatted. I've got the
system set up to allow this moderation at http://wetheliving.com/owlmod --
I use MHonArc to archive my lists. The posts that are submitted to the list
appear in the 'queue' in the top left frame, the form for submitting the
posts is below it in the bottom left frame, and the 'output' to the
moderated list appears in the right half frame. The frames can be resized
to make it easier to deal with.
	Can a form submission have such a tailored format.... dispensing with the
usual "The results of a form submission are as follows..." etc?

	Anyone with an answer or solution to this?

cheers,
Kirez

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Unauthorized archiving and presentation of mailing list by remarq