Subject: Re: spam.
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 20:10:02 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 3 Jul 2000, at 15:15, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> I figured folks on this list would appreciate this.
>
> We were spammed today. Laurie wandered out onto the porch this
> morning to find a flyer on the front porch, for a "power management"
> seminar. They leafletted the entire neighborhood....
> ...What caught me was how typical
> the subject matter was to the kind of on-line spam we yell at all the
> time...

Indeed, although an important difference to keep in mind is that that
kind of spam dealt with in seconds with a keystroke or two [or even
automatically in most cases], whereas the hardcopy stuff we've learned to
just live with has to be handled, sorted, and carted to the dump [no
recycling for that sort of stuff in this area] and actually wastes
*real*time*...

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA

  • Re: spam.