Subject: Re: a minor giggle...
From: Tim Pierce <twp @ rootsweb . com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 02:28:57 -0400
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 11:33:21PM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> It wasn't me... Instead, much to my (minor) amusement, one of my
> subscribers is on a site doing ORBs checking -- and the site's MX
> relay machines have been stuck into ORBs and the internal mail server
> is bouncing the mail.

I noticed this sometime in the last couple of weeks.

> Which merely serves as a reminder that if you police with this stuff,
> you should make sure your sites are clean. But I also wonder why
> they're doing ORBs checking on the internal machines and not the
> firewall relay machines.

In our case, it was a BellFrotz machine that used a FooBell server
as its primary MX.  FooBell uses ORBS and rejects all mail from
BellFrotz.  Since the two sites are administered under completely
different policies, it's not entirely surprising that they'd screw
the pooch in that particular way.  But still amusing.

--
Regards,
Tim Pierce