Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 2000)

Subject: Re: comments?
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:05:37 -0700
To: John R Levine <johnl @ iecc . com>, Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 5:56 PM -0400 8/24/00, John R Levine wrote:
>  > But -- on systems I've done where threading exists, I've found most
>>  people hate it.
>
>Really?  Usenet users love it, the biggest complaint about certain brands
>of news readers is that there's no threading.

yeah. I don't know if it's because they don't like threading, the
threading implementations aren't good, or they don't understand (aka
aren't used to) threading. It's one of those things I've always
wanted to study, but it's real low priority.

>This may be because usenet software tends to be pickier than mail
>software about geting headers right, so the threads work better.

very possible...

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"