Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2000)

Subject: Re: elist address or your address in message TO header
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:49:42 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 25 Oct 2000, at 10:37, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> Does this help?
>
> >  > >That's true.  The problem is that you seem to be advocating making
> >>  >the new feature the *only* way to identify the list that the message
> >>  >came by.

> >>  no, not only. Perhaps official is the better term.
> >>
> >>  Of course, if you have a better way of doing it, we're all ears...
> >
> >Perhaps you need to remind me/us of what "it" is.

No and I'm more confused than ever now and I apologize for being reall
dense about this.

If by 'it' you meant 'to identify the list that the message came by',
then I'm perplexed, because the proposed scheme [removing the listname
from the To or CC [as appropriate] and replacing it with the person's
email addr] isn't a scheme for doing that at all but rather makes it
*HARDER* to figure out whence the message came...  If you meant something
else, then it went completely over my head, becasue that 'came by'
comment in what you forwarded back si the only thing I could see as a
possible referent for 'it' and...

That's why I asked --- at the expense of making email more confusing and
making it *harder* to figure out "the list that the message came by", we
get... ??what??

  /Bernie\
mailto:bernie@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA