Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2000)

Subject: Re: Questions on which MLM software would be best?
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:22:28 -0700
To: "Jim Trigg / Blaise de Cormeilles" <blaise @ scadian . net>
Cc: "       " <brh42 @ hotmail . com>, List-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 07:06 PM 10/25/00, Jim Trigg / Blaise de Cormeilles wrote:
> >From your comment about "root access", I presume that you will be
>running it on a Unix/Linux box, yes?  If so, either MajorDomo or
>MailMan should meet your needs.  Since each is included in at least
>one Linux distribution, they must both be freely available.

Majordomo2 is somewhere near being released. I've been running a
couple dozen lists on it for well over a year. WAY more features
that Majordomo 1.9x, and without Mj1's clunky license.
   http://www.hpc.uh.edu/majordomo/#mj2
No problem with your requirements, but I haven't got a list over
1000 subscribers so I can't personally vouch for HUGE list performance.