Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2000)

Subject: Re: elist address or your address in message TO header
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:37:03 -0700
To: Dave Sill <de5-list-managers @ sws5 . ctd . ornl . gov>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 1:30 PM -0400 10/26/00, Dave Sill wrote:

>Filtering is passť. It's unreliable, fragile, and expensive. The right
>way to channel messages from lists is PLSA[1] (Per-List Subscription
>Addresses). PLSA is to filtering as VERP is to bounce message parsing.

>For example, I'm subscribed to list-managers as
>de5-list-managers@sws5.ctd.ornl.gov. To file list-managers mail in the
>correct folder, all I had to do was create the file
>~/.qmail-list-managers containing the delivery instruction:

Are you manually dealing with outgoing addresses, or do you have
something that does that automatically? How do you handle making sure
the From address is correct for whatever list you are sending to?

(I've actually been thinking about this kind of setup, and I know
someone else who's mucked with it, so I'm curious if there are tools
to automate it we don't kow about)

Be just, and fear not.