Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2000)

Subject: Re: HTML Based Email (AOL 6.0)
From: "Alan S. Harrell" <ashandrr @ mastnet . net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:30:31 -0600
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 1 Nov 2000, 9:01, SRE wrote:

> >This is a problem for both users and managers because people using AOL
> >6.0 will not be able to post messages to majordomo lists.
>
> Sure they will!

Not on my lists.  I taboo-bounce HTML messages.

> Demime home page:    http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html
> Demime perl script:  http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.stable
> Demime config file:  http://scifi.squawk.com/demime_junkmail.cf
> Demime email list:   demime-l@scifi.squawk.com

With Demime, the subscribers would continue to happily and merrily send
email using HTML, both on my lists and all over the Internet.  On my
lists, my goal is to teach them NOT to use HTML with email.  I would
not be able to get over my point to them with Demime.  If they want to
participate in my lists, they have to do so with ASCII text.

And Gorillas?  Just because the world has gorillas, does not mean you
have to invite them into your living room.

Alan
ASHandRR@ASHLists.org