Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2000)

Subject: Re: HTML Based Email (AOL 6.0)
From: Adam Bailey <adamb @ lull . org>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:24:00 -0600
To: <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On 11/1/00 11:29 PM, Roger B.A. Klorese <rogerk@QueerNet.ORG> wrote...
>On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Adam Bailey wrote:
>> The formatting is there. People are using fonts other than the default,
>> which AOL 6 decides is their intention to use HTML. Have them switch back
>> to the defalt.
>
>I sent myself a message simply by clicking the "Write" icon, adding my
>non-AOL address, and one word each of sucject and body.  This is what I
>got:

Yes, I was wrong. I'm sorry for the confusion.

For several months I tested AOL 6 specifically on the HTML mail issue,
until I could confirm that it was *not* sending any, only receiving it.
Then AOL apparently decided I need to be made to look the fool, and
changed this behavior in later revisions. I apologize, and share the
opinion of those on this list that think that AOL has made a very stupid
move.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: HTML Based Email (AOL 6.0)