Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2000)

Subject: Re: LEAVE
From: Peter Galbavy <peter . galbavy @ knowledge . com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:57:10 +0000
To: "Alan S. Harrell" <ashandrr @ mastnet . net>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 08:12:09PM -0600, Alan S. Harrell wrote:
> I've seen this disclaimer a few times before from subscribers on my
> lists and others.  One subscriber told me that his employer put that on
> every outgoing message and he had no control over it.
> Whether or not you find it offensive or in your case, grist for the
> humor mill, you have to admit it is a little wasteful, bandwidth-wise.
> I think were it ever to become prevalent on my lists, I might consider
> bouncing those messages.

I have already asked one use to leave a mailing list I manage because
of this issue. Whether or not in (UK) law I or other list members (but
mainly me) may be liable for anything is a guess to yet be tested, but
I am not willing to either take that risk, or let stupid
people/companies/lawyers get the world used to this.

That particular mailing list is not public access, but nor is it
limited to members with legally binding contracts...

Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd

  • Re: LEAVE