Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2000)

Subject: Re: LEAVE
From: Peter Galbavy <peter . galbavy @ knowledge . com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:57:10 +0000
To: "Alan S. Harrell" <ashandrr @ mastnet . net>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 08:12:09PM -0600, Alan S. Harrell wrote:
> I've seen this disclaimer a few times before from subscribers on my
> lists and others.  One subscriber told me that his employer put that on
> every outgoing message and he had no control over it.
>
> Whether or not you find it offensive or in your case, grist for the
> humor mill, you have to admit it is a little wasteful, bandwidth-wise.
>
> I think were it ever to become prevalent on my lists, I might consider
> bouncing those messages.

I have already asked one use to leave a mailing list I manage because
of this issue. Whether or not in (UK) law I or other list members (but
mainly me) may be liable for anything is a guess to yet be tested, but
I am not willing to either take that risk, or let stupid
people/companies/lawyers get the world used to this.

That particular mailing list is not public access, but nor is it
limited to members with legally binding contracts...

rgds,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd