Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2000)

Subject: Re: Is mailback validation still safe?
From: Tim Pierce <twp @ rootsweb . com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 21:32:56 -0500
To: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 07:13:37PM -0500, murr rhame wrote:
> In my humble opinion, the primary purpose of mailback validation
> to prevent someone from being subscribed to a mailing list
> against their will (email bombing).

That's my take on it as well.  To the extent that it also discourages
spammers from trying to harvest mail coming off of lists, that's
nice but is hardly the goal.

--
Regards,
Tim Pierce

From: "Michael C. Berch" <mcb@postmodern.com>
Next: Re: Is mailback validation still safe?
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Is mailback validation still safe?
Next: Re: Is mailback validation still safe?
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier@ripco.com>