Subject: Re: robots.txt
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:15:19 -0800
To: Tim Pierce <twp @ rootsweb . com>
Cc: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>, List-Managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 3/1/01 9:13 AM, "Tim Pierce" <twp@rootsweb.com> wrote:

> The point is that to date, the spider authors have not found it
> worth their while to pursue this line of attack, and I do not expect
> that they will any time soon.
>
> But I invite you to prove me wrong.

You're pretty much right. However, I don't plan on waiting for them to
upgrade their systems to upgrade mine. Instead, I'll fix it now, and when
they come and harvest your site because mine's already protected, my users
will be okay.

I don't see any overriding need to wait for the tsnuami to arrive to start
filling sandbags.

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being
smarter.